Sunday, 13 November 2011

수락산

Today I tackled Suraksan. It's a really nice mountain to hike because there are several subway stations around the bottom of it so it's easy to get to, and it's not half as packed with people as its neighbour Dobongsan.

I started from Suraksan station (Line 7). From exit 1, walk straight and take the second right. There are food stalls lining the street and enough other hikers around so you know you're going the right way.

The trail from there is quite easy. Not spectacular scenery but pretty enough, and although it's not difficult to climb it does get quite steep towards the top.

I hiked up to a plateau with a signpost which pointed the way to the top. The area around here was pretty crowded but I didn't see many people actually going up to the top. It seemed a bit tricky so as I was hiking alone I didn't bother going up further and just followed the signpost down towards Jangam Station (also Line 7).

This route was a lot quieter, and had some nice views. It was very rocky and difficult to negotiate a foot-hold in places, especially with all the autumn leaves covering the ground. Not exactly difficult, just rather slow-going. Also, there didn't seem to be a well-defined trail but rather I was just scrambling downwards and hoping for the best!

Towards the bottom of the mountain I passed a temple, and then I was led as expected to Jangam Station. All in all I was only hiking for a couple of hours.

Next time I might try starting from Danggogae station (end of line 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment